Sunday, April 11, 2010

Second progesterone test and an "aha!" moment...

I took Porsche in for a second progesterone reading on Friday...the results came back and she has begun her LH surge. We'll do another progesterone on Monday and then the implant will happen either Wednesday or Thursday. Me? I'm hoping for Thursday as I already have halfthe day booked off for a medical appointment and it will mean that I don't need to make two trips to the Uncas Veterinary Clinic, which is 90+ minutes away from my house.

Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Oh! And the "Aha!" moment...I've been using my Draminski Ovulation Detector vigilantly over the course of the last week, but the graph that the data was giving me was all over the place. Then it occurred to me to break down the AM and PM readings into two graphs. Yup...that was all that required! The data now looks like it should.

Apparently, some bitches show changes in the electrical conductivity of their cervical mucus during the day. Porsche's conductivity is high in the morning and lower in the afternoon and evening readings. Basically, the data makes no sense when you look it as a whole but when you break it down, it looks like it should! Yeah to me for remembering that little tidbit of information in the manual!! LOL

You can learn more about the Draminski Ovulation Detector here:
http://dog.draminski.com/draminski-dog-ovulation-detector/

And in Canada, you can purchase the Draminski Ovulation Detector here:
http://www.midwoof.com/store/reproduction/draminski-ovulation-detector/prod_149.html

No comments:

Post a Comment