Friday, June 25, 2010

Eyes are open, tails are off...

It's official - Porsche is part Jersey cow.  You think I'm joking...far from it.  Porsche has an honest to God UDDER for every nipple she has, and she even has a few udders where she has mammary tissue but no nipple.  When she lays down on the floor, she leaves puddles.  If you rub her belly, or if I check her breasts for mastitis, she squirts milk all over the floor. 

Perhaps I should milk her and save on my grocery bill!  Just kidding...but Porsche is an amazing mom and it is showing in her puppies.

As I've mentioned in another post, these puppies are the most vigorous puppies that I've ever had the pleasure to deal with.  They are NO work.  None.  They just eat, get HUGE distended bellies, roll away from Porsche and crawl over to the far side of the puppy pen and sleep for hours.  I'm not sure they'll ever learn to walk with the bellies they have on them!!

Their eyes are open - most of the puppies have eyes fully open with a couple of the plain boys being a touch behind in that area.  Tails have come off and are scabbing up very nicely.  No signs of infection, though I'm not sure these puppies would notice it if half of a leg rotted off...super healthy puppies, these.

If you haven't seen the updated one week photos, please check out my main website here:
http://www.tienlungboxers.com/puppies/current_litters/porsche2010/2010_porsche_1wk.html

Believe it or not, they've gotten significantly fatter in the last two days.  I can't wait until they start to develop little temperaments - right now they're just piglets...Porsche's Piglets!  

No comments:

Post a Comment